5 Simple Steps to Reduce your Google Workspace Bill ( 6th one is little complex)
Is there any option to optimize your google workspace billing? Since there is good competition from Office 365 google prices are also very competitive. Still there are room to reduce your cost. Below are some of the options.
- Get better discounted price through a reseller. Google listed price is applicable when you directly buy from google. However, this is not the case when you get the solution through a google partner. In addition to this, you also get additional support services from the google partner. In case, if you are concerned about the security and access to propriety information, there are options to limit partner access only to the billing. So, it is always better to choose google partner for the billing.
- Use alias domain instead of separate domain account. We have often seen that customers with multiple domains use separate accounts. This forces the customer to have duplicate mailboxes for same user. Google provide alias domain feature, with which you can work with multiple domains while keeping only single mailbox per user.
- Make use of group email ids instead of separate mailboxes. It is not required to create department function mailboxes and share the credentials to users via which they login periodically to check for updates. For example sales, contacts, accounts etc. Better use group email id instead of individual mailboxes. This will save your cost at the same time team efficiency will also improve.
- Allocate your subscription plan wisely. Based on the organizational structure, and usage your end users mailbox type requirement will vary. Everybody need not to have Business Standard or Business Plus. You may also note that there are discounts applied to first 20 mailboxes on each plan. Considering these, you can wisely select the appropriate plan. Your reseller can help to assign the appropriate plans based on the requirement.
- Set storage limit to use pooled storage. Google workspace comes with pooled storage. It also gives the admin the option to set storage limit to groups and users. What we need to understand is the hard storage limit is your accounts pooled storage limit. So wisely managing the storage limits and pooled storage, you can optimize your cost. The pooled storage option is applicable for Business Standard and higher plans.
- Use Split delivery with a Linux Mail Server. This option is little outside of Google scope. It is possible to use same domain with google and a Linux Mail Server. For example if you have 200 users and 100 of them just need only the emails and nothing else, then it doesn't make sense to use google workspace for all users. You can split 100 mailboxes in Google and remaining 100 or more mailboxes in a Linux Server. Our customers are enjoying this facility and saving up-to 70% of their corporate email communication cost.